All University of Calgary Press publications are protected by copyright. All licensing for distribution, permissions, and reprints are handled through the University of Calgary Press.
For permission questions relating to University of Calgary Press publications not available as Open Access and for information regarding commercial or course use, please contact us.
Many of our books are available Open Access under a Creative Commons license. This license permits the following:
You (the user) are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
*All attribution should consist of a citation, or must at least, include the original author’s name, title of publication, publisher, and date.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of the work.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- The author’s moral rights are retained in this license.
Complete terms of the Creative Commons licenses used by the University of Calgary Press can be found here: Creative Commons (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International) License